“Your favourite recipe”
My favourite recipe is one I have been trying to perfect since the first time I attempted (and semi-succeeded) to make it: my mom’s lasagna.
It may take a while to make, but it’s pretty easy, making it a great meal for those cold wintry nights.
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Cook these together until the meat is brown
- One big tin of tomatoes
- One tin of tomato paste
- 3 small tomato-paste tins of water
- Add to the pan with the meat
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and basil until covered
- Stir the sauce and cook slowly for two hours
- 1 tub of cottage cheese
- Splash of milk
- One egg
- Mix together
- 2 balls of mozzarella cut into slabs
Putting it all together
- Butter a pyrex glass dish
- Layer with lasagna noodles, meat sauce, cottage cheese and mozzarella. Do this three times
- Cover the top layer with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Place in oven at 350°F and cook for an hour
You’ll have a magnificent meal that should give you leftovers for a week. That is, unless you’re feeding a pair of teenaged boys that can eat most of it in one sitting.